By Spencer Tucker,Paul Pierpaoli
This two-volume encyclopedia deals a distinct perception into the Civil battle from a country and native viewpoint, displaying how the yank event of the clash diverse considerably in keeping with location.
• offers assurance of all U.S. states and territories from 1861 to 1865 and addresses very important towns, cities, army posts, and production centers
• permits readers to appreciate the large impact of the Civil warfare on civilians in addition to on army group of workers without delay concerned with the conflict
• Explains the serious roles performed via production and agriculture within the occasions and final result of the Civil War
Read or Download American Civil War: A State-by-State Encyclopedia [2 volumes]: A State-by-State Encyclopedia PDF
Similar encyclopaedias books
Digital publishing and digital technique of textual content and information presentation have replaced drastically because the first version of this e-book used to be released in 1997. The third version of clinical Papers and Presentations applies conventional ideas to modern day glossy concepts and the altering wishes of up-and-coming academia.
Elections A-Z makes the important and intricate strategy of elections within the usa fascinating and obtainable to these for whom they've got lengthy appeared either arcane and mysterious. This crucial reference device offers a finished consultant to knowing the present concerns, historical past, and ideas at the back of achieving excessive political workplace within the usa.
This valuable source presents a accomplished historic and demographic review of yankee Indians besides greater than a hundred cross-referenced entries on American Indian tradition, exploring every thing from arts, literature, song, and dance to foodstuff, family members, housing, and spirituality. • Serves to rfile what number attributes of local cultures derive from a wealthy tapestry of yank Indian cultural types, corresponding to very famous meals like corn, potatoes, turkey, peanuts, and chocolate• contains various spotlights that spotlight attention-grabbing themes akin to the Indigenous Language Institute, the kiva, counting coup, buffalo hunt customs and protocols, and Dakota language in rap song• deals extra readings and extra assets with the entries to steer scholars or readers of their learn
This entire selection of folks hero stories builds at the good fortune of the 1st version through offering readers with elevated contextual info on tale characters from the Americas to Zanzibar. • provides entries on folks story characters all over the world that establish comparable heroes and heroines and supply extra contextual details• contains a geographical association that allows readers to analyze a particular region's people characters• offers an alphabetical index in addition to an index of heroic personality forms to facilitate cross-cultural and historic comparisons• contains sidebars with passages from the folks stories, pop culture, and different goods of curiosity
- The SAGE Guide to Key Issues in Mass Media Ethics and Law
- Die Verdrängung der Psychoanalyse: oder Der Triumph des Konformismus (German Edition)
- The Politics of Water: A Survey (Politics Of...)
- Lexikon bayerischer Ortsnamen: Herkunft und Bedeutung. Oberbayern, Niederbayern, Oberpfalz (German Edition)
- The Silk Road Encyclopedia
Extra info for American Civil War: A State-by-State Encyclopedia [2 volumes]: A State-by-State Encyclopedia
American Civil War: A State-by-State Encyclopedia [2 volumes]: A State-by-State Encyclopedia by Spencer Tucker,Paul Pierpaoli